- Over 84% of adults in the UK have access to an internet connection and 70% use the internet at least once per day.
- Avatar had it’s own website which attracted at least 1,200,000 fans into watching the film
- 367,000 people watched A Field In England on Film4
- The Infidel had been watched approximately 1,000 times on iTunes on the opening weekend for VOD
- The “Big Five” media conglomerates own over 90% of the market share
- 20th Century Fox owns 10.8% of the market share
- 20th Century Fox produced Avatar, which had a budget of over £160,000,000
- The Infidel, by Revolver Entertainment (a small independent company) had a budget of £30,000
- Avatar was available on iTunes with special cuts for a premium price of $20
- A Field In England had 3,000 iTunes viewings on the opening weekend
- The Infidel gained hundreds of supporters through it’s innovative suggestions page it created on the internet
- The Infidel spent £15,000 of it’s £30,000 budget on marketing via the internet.