Using Apples “Motion” software, I slowly moved away from my initial idea of the first ident and looked at other alternatives. Keeping the same name for the first ident – “Take 2” I started work on a second ident using some pre-made motions which made it easier to do; found within the Motion library.
Today I finished off the first ident and also completed a second ident. The real barrier to creating the idents was learning how to use the Motion software. However, once I had learnt how to use it, the software became much easier to use and it wasn’t too difficult to make a second ident.
Here are some screenshots of the idents.
One of the problems I have recently encountered is a resolution error when exporting the project to final cut. I will need to look at exporting in more detail before I insert it into Final Cut or it may look poor quality.
Also, having looked at professional films with idents, there is the question of whether to add some music/sound effects within. It does not seem to be an essential part of the ident, with a number of professional idents actually not including any noise. However, for the “JACKHAMMER” Production ident, I have been thinking of adding in some sound effects which only last for a short duration. This may be added at a later date.