Once the storyboard was completed and our team was ready to begin filming, we set out filming in the canteen. Although we did not have quite enough actors, this part seemed to go quite well, with the camera replicated especially well with the right angle and distance away from the group of actors.
A problem identified with replicating this scene was that we could not gather all of the props for the date. Although we did not feel that this was a major problem and so we went ahead and filmed the scene without all of the props. Looking at the recorded clips, there was good organisation overall and everybody got on quite well with the filming.
After the scene within the canteen – which was supposed to be replicating the restaurant in Reservoir Dogs, the next part to film was the walk from the side. We gathered the actors we could and began filming from the side. The problem with this part of the recording was that the camera was not positioned in the ideal place and was slightly too far away from the target. Also, the camera was placed on a tripod when in the film it does not appear that a tripod was used.
Nonetheless, this was certainly not the major issue which needed to be addressed within the production. The major issue was the next scene, where the camera was one again placed on a tripod. Our actors did not move for this part and the camera was positioned right in front of them. Looking back at this part of the filming, we should have had the camera positioned quite far back and the cameraman should have been holding it without the tripod. The camera should then have zoomed in and the actors should have walked normally, instead of bobbing, which clearly did not work.
In the final part of the scene, our actors were walking away from the camera. This recording seemed to work and was much more of a success than the previous part filmed. The camera was placed on top of a tripod and it almost replicated the film perfectly.
Once all of the scenes within the production had been captured, the next job was to individually edit the clips. The main jobs in this would be to add the intro text so that the font looked similar with the same colour.